Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Prom Season Waits for No One

If we’re being entirely honest with ourselves, prom can be an incredibly stressful time. Between all of the shopping, figuring out who all you’re going with, the timing of everything, and simply the pressure of such a big event, many students end up skipping prom all together. Despite this, I am a strong advocate of everyone attending prom and I’m here to tell you why! 

One of the greatest misconceptions is that prom has to look the same for everyone. The truth of the matter is, not everyone’s prom is going to look straight out of a Disney movie. Not everyone wants a limo and pictures in the park and a big dinner. Prom can look however you want it to! Making plans to spend your evening the way you want is half of the battle. Don’t let anyone else’s ideas of what prom is “supposed” to be like keep you from having a good time.

In regards to what people are excited about, Drew Crocker  (elected Prom Prince in 2023), said that he is most excited to see who wins this year, and that he is confident whoever wins will well reflect Bob Jones! Although there’s lots of tense discussion surrounding who’s wearing what and who’s going with who, don’t let prom become a source of anxiety. Remember, at the end of the day, prom is about having a good time. Don’t waste it! 

About the Contributor
Sarah Miller
Sarah Miller, Writer
Hey! I'm Sarah, I'm a senior working on patriot pages for the first time since my freshman year so I'm super excited! I spend a lot of time journaling, scrapbooking, and collaging so I'm super excited to get to work on some more diverse kinds of writing for the site! I'm going to college majoring in organizational psych and I'm super excited for that. I love meeting new people so if you see me in the halls say hi!