Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Closed Commons

Closed+Commons

This year, Bob Jones has changed the testing locations due to the band room being occupied. However, the administration has found another location. In my opinion, it is not the most convenient spot to do the testing. The commons being blocked off makes getting to and from students’ classes all the more difficult. The commons are a neutral ground where everyone passes by to get to class, and not having this ground has caused students to be late and have to gain lunch detention. 

Some students have come forward with their opinions on the situation at hand. Student A has agreed that it has been inconvenient for them. Their quickest way to get to class without having to walk across the whole school is the commons. Student B has disagreed and said that they have gotten to their classes a lot quicker because they are so close together and they never need to actually go through commons. 

Student C and D also came forward with their opinion. Student C doesn’t stay at school all day. Student C said, “It doesn’t affect me since I leave after the second block. I also don’t necessarily have to cut through commons. So, I could care less”. Student C still doesn’t think it is a good idea but since they don’t have to be here for long, that is their honest opinion. Student D has passionately stated they hate how they can’t move how they want to. They can’t see their friends, the detour to the bathroom because of how slow the hallways are, and more. 

To conclude, though we have both feelings stated and everyone’s opinions are their own. Bob Jones should’ve made a different area for state testing or just not closed anything off, so that all students at BJHS still have as much fun as they possibly can at school and so everyone makes it to their classes on time.

About the Contributor
Autumn Smith
Autumn Smith, Contributor
Hi, I'm Autumn and I am in 10th grade. I enjoy watching football. I also manage the football team here at Bob Jones. I plan on going to Clark Atlanta or Spelmen for college. I will become a lawyer and specialize in child advocacy.