Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Getting Ready for the New School Year in AFJROTC

This summer, AFROTC held the highly anticipated orientation for the 2023/2024 JROTC school year. Months of planning by dedicated JROTC upperclassmen lead up to a day filled with excitement and enthusiasm. To make the orientation even more special, some JROTC alumni returned to lend their support and share their experiences.

During orientation, the upcoming cadets were able to learn more about the JROTC program, and what JROTC is all about. They were introduced to the core values that define a JROTC cadet, integrity, selfless service, and excellence. The alumni and upperclassmen emphasized the importance of these values in both military and civilian life, encouraging the cadets to carry them forward in everything they do. 

Throughout the day, the new cadets were immersed in various activities designed to foster teamwork and leadership. They participated in various team-building exercises, where they quickly realized the significance of cooperation and communication in overcoming challenges. 

One of the highlights of the orientation was the introduction to the fundamentals of drill. Eager to learn, the cadets absorbed the first ten basic facing movements, which form the foundation for the 30-step drill sequence they will progressively master over the course of the first semester. An exciting aspect of the drill training was the “Knockout” game, in which one commander calls out real and fake commands. Surprisingly, some of the new cadets lasted longer than the upperclassmen. 

Looking ahead to the 2023/2024 JROTC school year, expectations run high as these promising cadets prepare to uphold the values of integrity, selfless service, and excellence, while honing their teamwork and leadership abilities. Undoubtedly, the JROTC program will continue to shape these young individuals into responsible and capable leaders, both in their future military endeavors and as contributing members of society.