Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Library Appreciation Week!

This week, April 7th to the 13th is National Library Week. This year the theme is Ready, Set, Library! Some great ways to celebrate are visiting your school or public library, participating in library events like movie nights, authors and special guest presentations, and book clubs. According to Bob Jones Librarian Mrs. Huskey, some things you may not know about libraries are “the availability of audiobooks, Bob Jones library also has SOAR, maker space, podcast studio, and chess.” Mrs. Huskey also talked about a program called ILL which is the Inter-Library Loan. One library allows another to ship certain books that a patron may need. College students for example can pay to ship their needed textbooks to a public library rather than purchasing them new. 

Libraries are so much more than just books; they are safe spaces, access to information, and great study areas. Libraries are one of the few third spaces left where there is no need to spend money or do recreational activities. If you don’t already have a public library card, I urge you to pick one up for free! Happy reading!

About the Contributor
Carmen Hunderman
Carmen Hunderman, Contributor
Hello! My name is Carmen. I am a senior this year as well as the co-leader of Photography Club. This is also my 3rd year on Patriot Pages. I love all things creative but mostly photography. In the future, I hope to have a career in journalism!