Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

2024 Spring Concert, Jazz Brunch, & Indoor Season Results!

Our Jazz Band, Concert Band, and Symphonic Band performed on May 6th, and today our Percussion Ensemble, Chamber Ensembles, and Wind Ensemble will perform in the auditorium! Performances start at 6pm, and the Bob Jones Indoor Drumline will be hosting a silent auction and a bake sale, which is a great way to support them, too! It’s a free event! 

As a member of the Indoor Drumline, Symphonic Band, and Percussion Ensemble, I am really excited to perform. I think these pieces are even better than last year, so you should definitely plan on coming at least one night! I have also heard the Jazz Band, and they sound really good, too. I recommend going to the Jazz Brunch to see them and support the Madison Senior Center on May 11th. Tickets are $5. All proceeds benefit the Madison Senior Center, so tell all your friends to come! 

Looking back on this year’s Indoor Drumline, Winter Guard, and Indoor Winds season: The Drumline made it to semi-finals and placed in the top 20 of percussion scholastic open class. The JV Guard placed 11th in the SRAA class and the Varsity Guard placed 2nd in the SA class. The Winds also placed 2nd in the winds scholastic open class.

This year has been one of the best in the school’s history, and we are very happy with where this season has ended. Next year’s auditions have already begun, and it is already looking like another great season is coming up!

About the Contributor
Aaron Spence
Aaron Spence, Contributor
My name is Aaron Spence and I am currently in 10th grade. I play vibraphone for the Bob Jones Indoor Drumline and occasionally like to practice calligraphy, watercolor painting, and other types of art. My main interest is music and love to listen to music while I work or study. My goal for the future is to go to college and get a job as a graphic designer or artist in some way.