Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Madfest was the Best

Madison City Schools

On May 4, 2024, the city of Madison was blessed with Madfest.  Drew Crocker said, “At its core, Madfest ‘24 was a fundraiser … which provides student organizations with the resources they need to succeed.” Despite the free admission, Madfest raised almost $6,000 which will go towards supporting clubs and organizations in the district.  This was accomplished by creating a fun street festival environment. The over 2,500 people in attendance got to enjoy a multitude of vendors, food trucks, bouncy houses, a car show, and so much more. Madfest was entirely student-led, and this allowed students to learn valuable leadership skills and leave a lasting mark on the community. With the slogan “Twelve schools, one city,” Madfest encompassed every school within the Madison city district. Madfest shows that students can make an impact when they, in the words of Crocker, “join together with a united idea to make a difference, [which] is what Madfest is all about.” Considering the success that Madfest was, Crocker said that next year they would like to “host an even larger festival that impacts a greater proportion of the community.” The Madfest team hopes to achieve that by inviting more vendors and having more activities, but that can only go so far. The entire community of Madison has to be on board for such an amazing event. But seeing the numbers from this year’s festival, populous buy-in should not be an issue. All the hard work and time that went into planning and hosting this event is truly admirable and speaks greatly to the amount of grit and dedication that is in the Madison City school district.

About the Contributor
Erin D’Amico
Erin D’Amico, Contributor
Hey, my name is Erin, and I am in 12th grade. I am looking to go into interior design at Auburn in the fall. Here at school, I am involved with the colorguard, and in my free time I enjoy crocheting and thrifting.