Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Patriot Racing Claims 1st Place at Talladega

After a long season of preparation, practice, and victory at various races, Bob Jones Greenpower racing team Patriot Racing traveled to the final destination of the season: Talladega Super Speedway. A race described by Red Car #5 member Isa Hayes to be “… a great way to close off my eight years of racing…” Despite the numerous roadblocks during the practice session and official race, Patriot Racing came out on top with Car #15 claiming 1st place in the F24 Advanced Custom division, Car #5 claiming 1st Place in the F24 Advanced Modified division, and Car #1 claiming 2nd in F24 Advance Modified division. Congratulations to Coach Jessie Gaines and Coach Kris Kazperzak, as well as all the students on the teams!

White team, Car #15: Tucker Magonigal, Isaac Lockhart, John Allison, Daniel Myatt

Red team, Car #5: Max Mcgee, Isa Hayes, Lyla Zomkowski, Ben Lambetson, Delmont Goins, CJ Stratton, Bryce Benson

Blue Team, Car #1: Gabe Whitt, Nathan Gagne, Elliot Davison, Liam Culver, Conrado Jocson, Ben Cox, Michael Schmauch

As the 2023-2024 GreenpowerUSA racing season winds down and the seniors on each team graduate, recruits have been selected alongside returning members through a detailed application and interview process. Congratulations to the rising racers and returning veterans of the team, and best of luck in the coming racing season!

You can watch race footage from the cars [here]! Provided by Patriot Racing.

About the Contributor
Conrado Jocson
Conrado Jocson, Contributor
"Hi, I'm Conrado Jocson (Kon-rah-doh Hoc-sun). I'm a freshman here at Bob Jones. I participate in their Cross Country team. I am also a First Class Scout in BSA troop 201 and also hold a 1st-degree blackbelt in Tang Soo Do. I enjoy writing stories in my spare time as well as drawing and storyboarding comics. I look to others for inspiration on what to write and apply tiny bits of it to my writing. I am interested in the history and advancement of military technology and how the digital world works. I have a goal to become either a software or hardware engineer after graduating college.