Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Bob Jones Baseball: State Champions!

Following a dominant game one victory for the Patriots, Central-Phenix struck back, taking game two by a score of 6-3. With the series tied, the 7A baseball playoffs were heading to a pivotal game three. Both teams proved they had the capabilities to win the title, yet, in the end, it was our Patriots who prevailed!

Our baseball team took a convincing lead against Central-Phenix, and never looked back. The final score of game three was 12-5; there were many laudable performances in our dugout and bullpen.

This season is now, in almost every way, the most successful baseball season in school history, as the team has achieved:

• A victory against IMG Academy (ranked #1 in the US at the time)
  • An area championship victory against James Clemens
  • A semi-finals victory against James Clemens
  • A State Championship victory against Central-Phenix (ranked #1 in AL)
  • A 14-game winning streak
  • A +213 run differential
  • An overall record of 44-9

What a legendary season for the Patriots!

About the Contributor
Eric Joy
Eric Joy, Contributor

Hello fellow Martians! I am Eric Joy, and I run for fun. That's all you really need to know about me to get a good idea, but I shall tell you some of my more interesting hobbies: I used to play hockey, I play video games, and I also run not for fun (Cross Country and Track). I have been writing Patriot Pages articles for 3 years now and I highly doubt anyone has ever read any of my articles. One of them nearly won an award. But if you have read one, good on you! Please keep reading them… I don't want to have to write another 2500 word March Madness recap for no one to read it... Oh, my future? I've narrowed it down to 3 choices: Civil Engineer, Environmental Engineer, City planner. One of those 3 will work for me.