There’s a Cinematography Club?!

Aren’t you excited for film and animation club too?

Preston Adams, Writer

The old Cinematography Club is getting a reboot as the new and improved Film and Animation Club.

Club members will produce 2-d animation, stop motion, and live action film.  The club needs a variety of members. Artists are needed for making animation and posters. Live actors are required for live action films and reference models. Voice actors are needed to voice characters. Writers are welcomed to create storylines for projects.  Musicians and bands can develop original soundtracks for the videos.

The program is sponsored by Mrs. Panagos who spearheaded the original Cinematography Club. She taught broadcasting for 6 years and enjoys making films and animations.  “This club is open to everyone; you don’t have to know how to use the software to join the club.  That’s what the club is for… for everyone to learn and to practice the art of it.  Really, you just have to be interested in making stuff.”

The Mac Lab is equipped with the Adobe Creative Suite, and quality cameras and camcorders are available.  Students even have access to Wacom tablets.

Students will work together or independently to study techniques and to create animations and films.  The club’s goals include having a display at the Spring Fine Arts Festival and participating in contests.

Official club meetings will be every other Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30.  Students working on film and animation projects can stay after school on other days as needed.