Smash Club

Preston Adams and Ethan Worcester

Smash Club is a haven for students who just want to get together and play video games. Every Wednesday and Friday they come together to compete against one another in the video game called “Super Smash Brothers.”

It’s a place for fellow Smash players to congregate and discuss their common interest. The atmosphere is a competitive one, and it can get quite salty and turbulent as the victors relish in victory and the losers clam up in bitterness until next match. Strangely enough, Smash players do not buy their game Super Smash Bros. Brawl to play the game; rather they buy it to just make modifications to it in which it is then called Project M. The main source for a great number of Smash players comes from the installment of Super Smash Brothers called “Super Smash  Brothers Melee,” which is heralded by them as being the best of the four titles that have come out under the name Super Smash Brother.

Christian Cole said that the club has brought him to friends he might not have made if he had not been in the club. Super Smash Brothers acts as a unifying past time, smashing friends heads into the ground and the like.

The Super Smash Brothers has a big online presence with sites such as Smash Boards.com and a Super Smash Brothers FaceBook Group, where you can converse and collaborate with other Super Smash Brothers players.

Even though the students who participate in this group are friendly amongst one another, they are a made fun of by the “popular” kids. They are called nerds and many other names because of their interest in the game. The club’s presence puts to rest popularity contests in favor of competitive, lighthearted get-togethers. Students from the club bring their laptops, consoles, and 3ds’s without shame to play the game they love, Super Smash Bros.

• Smash Club

Student Life

Learning from a Summer Job

• Smash Club

Student Life

Goodbye, Class of 2017

• Smash Club

Student Life

BJHS Mourns Loss of Tyrone Pointer

• Smash Club

Student Life

Come to the Spring Art Show!

• Smash Club

Student Life

The Last of Senior Festivities

• Smash Club

Student Life

Alberto Frutos: Patriot Path App Pioneer

• Smash Club

Student Life

Spanish Club Excels at Spanish Convention

• Smash Club

Student Life

Destination Imagination: From State to Globals

• Smash Club

Student Life

Hidden Huntsville

• Smash Club

Student Life

NASA H.U.N.C.H Culinary Competition

Smash Club