Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Join One of Our Clubs!

Art Club decorates the windows throughout the commons for the Madison Bowl- Bob Jones vs James Clemens.

Clubs are provided for students to have the chance to dive deeper into their interests, develop new skills, and make friends with similar passions. Bob Jones High School has over 80 clubs and organizations like Student Government Association, National Honors Society, and Key Club, which are fully based on providing service. Art Club, Spanish Club and Writing Club are more focused on getting together simply to have fun and share interests.

The members of the Ambassadors organization have recently attended events for the new year like Open House, College and Career Fair, and even fun get-togethers outside of school. This organization does a great job providing service opportunities and is very beneficial to students who are in it and the ones they are serving. Senior Drew Crocker, the president, stated, “Involving yourself in school organizations like Ambassadors opens up a world of new opportunities to give back to your community. It’s so important to always show compassion for others, and participating in these types of organizations gives students a way to show that compassion towards their neighbors.” He also shared, “It’s an honor to serve as the President of Ambassadors because of my ability to work alongside some truly remarkable individuals and represent our school in such a meaningful way.”  

Another club that has been gathering together is the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, also known as FCA. This club is described as “an inviting place where students come to learn more about God and gain skills on how to balance school and sports along with your faith,” said Aubrey McDonald, a junior at BJ. She also said, “See You at the Pole” is her favorite part. “It is an amazing day where the group goes to the flag and everyone prays over fellow students and the city. It is a wonderful experience to be able to pray for protection over others.” This club is a great way to enhance your sportsmanship, faith, and teamwork. Whether you participate in sports or not, FCA is a great place to learn the importance of being a better person, inside and out. 

Additionally, some students believe more clubs should be added. Freshman Nicolas Kessler added, “A Motorcycle Club should be introduced where students who share the same interest, ranging from dirt bikes to street bikes can get together to ride around Madison doing what they love.” Another student, sophomore Michelle Duong, exclaimed with enthusiasm, “A Holiday Club would give students a chance to get together to decorate, sing, and feel the vibe for the upcoming holiday. This would benefit students dearly because they can become more social and connected while also having fun. Holidays are always an exciting time to look forward to which can make this a simple club that students would be interested in joining!”

In conclusion, clubs are very special to Bob Jones, the teachers, and the administrators. They highly suggest you join at least one club throughout your high school career. The school is also always open to more ideas for possible clubs, so don’t be afraid to express your opinions.

If you would like to see the list of current clubs and organizations offered at BJ, click HERE.

About the Contributor
Dani Kessler
Dani Kessler, Contributor
Hi! My name is Danielle (more known as Dani) Kessler. I am a junior at Bob Jones High School, and this is my first year being a writer for the Patriot Pages. Some of my favorite hobbies include hanging with friends and scrolling through social media. Here at school, I am in Student Ambassadors, National Honors Society, and Art Club! My dream college is The University of Alabama, and I would love to be able to attend. I am interested in either becoming a dental hygienist or even an entrepreneur!