Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

YAFE’s Hygiene Drive!

YAFE’s Hygiene Drive!

During the month of September a club here at Bob Jones called Young Advocates for Equality (also known as YAFE) is hosting a school-wide hygiene drive to help those in need. Presidents Mable Danh and Sophia Johnson stated, “Young Advocates for Equality (YAFE) strives to educate young people on equality and how they can promote inclusivity in their school and community.” Their entire message is about making everyone in their community feel heard and to encourage those around them to help whenever they can. 

Donations that can be brought in range from soaps to toilet paper to menstrual products. Danh and Johnson shared that “one of the biggest issues is period poverty, which is the lack of access to menstrual products. 1 in 5 girls have missed school while menstruating and in the past we have restocked the bathrooms with products to help combat this issue.” The lack of menstrual products in public environments, such as school, is a serious issue that has affected many girls and women throughout their lives. Being able to provide feminine hygiene products to those who have no other way of receiving them is a big goal for YAFE. 

“This year we hope to improve this issue even more through our first hygiene drive and use the proceeds to benefit local charities such as Girls, Inc. We encourage everyone to donate to get involved in their community!” Both presidents enthusiastically stated their hopes in bringing the community together for a good cause that gives back to the community. 

Overall, it can be said that hygiene products are always a necessity and are always in high demand somewhere. Access to quality hygiene products that keep someone healthy and clean is a basic human right that YAFE aims to help provide with your aid! 

All donations can be turned in at Mrs. Worley’s room C114. Service hours can also be gained through donating to the drive! 

About the Contributor
Maddie Carrigg
Maddie Carrigg, Contributor
My name is Maddie Carrigg, and I am a junior at Bob Jones. I am a part of the Bob Jones Ambassadors, and I enjoy volunteering around my community. I love reading and finding inspiration in the pieces I read. I also enjoy visual art and frequently visit art museums. I hope to go to Vanderbilt one day and earn my degrees so I can become a psychiatrist.