Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Scholarship For Just About Anything

In the four years of high school, many students are planning for their future. In a lot of people’s minds, they think about college and scholarships, whether from sports or academics. If sports or academics aren’t your strengths, did you know that there are some unique scholarships that might be just for you?

Have you volunteered? Frito-Lay’s, maybe your favorite chips, has a scholarship for people who want to uplift and take action in leading their communities. Four students will be awarded the Frito-Lay Community Building Scholarship of $25,000 dollars for their higher education. You can apply as early as October 3, 2023, and the deadline will be November 20, 2023. This scholarship is to support young leaders and give them the right resources to get to their goals. The requirements are you must live in the USA, be a senior in high school, be a graduate or be a current college graduate. You must plan to enroll full-time and complete the entire academic year. 

Did you do Boy Scouts? The National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution is calling all Eagle Scouts to participate in the American Revolution to participate in the Arthur M. & Berdena King Eagle Scout Contest. You have to be a current registered Eagle Scout, you can only register if you have turned nineteen years old by the time of the applicant year, and there is no rank requirement. Awards range from first place being $10,000 to eleventh through fifteen place being $200. The competition is set at different levels: the Local Chapter level, the State Society level, and the National level. The SAR does advise that you read thoroughly about the rules and regulations, and remember to play fair. 

Have a good imagination? This is a scholarship anyone in the USA can apply for but is not on our school list. Have you ever thought of what you would do in a zombie apocalypse by chance? Well, if you have this scholarship will get you thinking. This is the Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship, the applicant will be rewarded with $2,000. The applicant has to write what they would do if a zombie apocalypse broke out during school in just 250 words or less. Unigo offers this scholarship in the hopes that they will see some creative minds. 

When it comes to scholarships, be sure to do your research and touch base with Dr. Bostick, our college and career guidance counselor.

About the Contributor
Brynn Fenton
Brynn Fenton, Contributor
Hi, my name is Brynn Fenton. I am a freshman at Bob Jones High School, and this my second year being in a creative writing class. I am in Art Club and hope to join more. Some of my hobbies are scrolling through Instagram, Tiktok, Pinterest, and swimming. Also, I love just hanging out with my family and friends. I hope to be a Dermatologist when I get older and stay in state when I am in college. I want to go to the University of Alabama for college. If being a dermatologist is too much, then I would like to be a travel nurse.