Polls

It's finally spring! Right?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Guide for Making Your Christmas Wishlist

Teens today have much different interests than their parents did when they were kids. This always makes it hard at Christmastime, and lots of parents are struggling to gift their kids things they’ll use and enjoy. Well, look no further! (Maybe just a bit further…) After some research and polls given to high school students here at Bob Jones, we are trying to determine what your ever-changing high schoolers might like this year. 

According to the article, “60 Best Gifts for Teens that They’ll Actually Like,” published by cnn.com, teens have a lot of gift options they can add to their Christmas wish list. Most teens already have a Christmas wish list but not enough gifts on the list. Creating a wish list helps parents get teens what they want, and it also helps teens enjoy what they get for Christmas. If you are stressed and don’t know what to get a friend for Christmas, ask for their wish list and you’ll have so many options to choose from. You can make wishlists on Amazon or sites like mywishlist.online. You can also just share a Note or email a list.

Have the kids around you ever made jokes about getting clothes for Christmas? Well, according to our survey, 37 out of 54 responders said they’d like new clothes! “I like a lot of different clothes. Jackets and whatnot,” said Oro Odesola. Others said things about socks being funny, and they tend to use them for a long time following Christmas. Shoes also go along with clothes, and 25 responders said they would like shoes. Wearables in general seem to be a definite plus.

From a kid who can’t get enough of reading to an outdoor enthusiast, wireless headphones are a fantastic option for a gift. Even while this article was being written, countless people doing various things were wearing headphones. These are common with teens already, but if the child you’re gifting doesn’t have them, consider it! Depending on the brand you buy, you can also get cases and accessories to go along with them! Not only is it versatile, it can also look cool. 23 responses said they would like headphones or earbuds, so think about adding that to a mental note.

In summary, there are so many little things parents and friends can buy for teenagers today, but of everything, clothes, accessories, shoes, and headphones are great options. An honorable mention is candy and snacks, so make sure to stock up on those stocking-stuffer treats! Whoever you’re looking to buy for, just remember: Your gift is from you, and they’ll likely appreciate it no matter what.

About the Contributors
Cypress Bryce
Cypress Bryce, Contributor
Hi! My name is Cypress. I’m currently a freshman at Bob Jones, and this is my first year working with Patriot Pages! I’m not in any clubs and don’t do any sports, but I’m pretty involved in theater. I have two cats, Yuki and Trixie, and I absolutely love them. I’m super into reading in writing, but give me a low-key video game to play and I’m all for it! I don’t totally know what I want to do with my life yet, but I love the idea of voice acting, and it’s definitely something I can see myself pursuing.
Rebecca Feria Jimenez
Rebecca Feria Jimenez, Contributor
My name is Rebecca and I am a sophomore here at Bob Jones high school. I don't play any sports but I do love to go to the gym. I love the outdoors and taking my dog out for walks. Whenever I have free time, I do online shopping because that is one of my favorite things to do. I am graduating school a year early and I am still not quite sure what I want my future career to be. I love animals so if I do decide to go to college, maybe I will study to be a veterinarian. If I decide to not go to college, I would like to become a real estate agent.