Is the Bob Jones Football Team Going to Set the Bar?

James Kendall, Writer

Many students along with faculty within the Bob Jones School system have a very outgoing and confident attitude regarding their sports teams. More specifically, the subject of “Patriots Football” is comprised of a compassionate student section full of team spirit and the crowd’s desire to enjoy a successful season.

Bob Jones Football historically has a solid record, but when you focus on the schedule the team is up against, many contemplate on the team’s ability to step up and fulfill their past reputation.

There is a variety of mixed emotions from fans regarding the team as a whole this year. Bob Jones student Steven Fruehwald stated, “I think they’re going to lose the first game because of the team they are up against.” However, Bob Jones cheerleader Kayla Butler expressed, “Bob Jones football team will probably win because they have always had a solid football program.”

The first team Bob Jones plays is Dorman, a High School coming down from Roebuck, South Carolina. These so-called “Dorman Cavaliers” are ranked 10th in the state of South Carolina and 363rd in the nation. A seemingly interesting contrast however, is the fact that Bob Jones Patriots are ranked 8th in state, but they are ranked 410th in the nation. Therefore, statistically speaking, this should be a pretty exciting event.

Bob Jones students are strongly encouraged to attend the game at 7:00 P.M. on Aug. 17, 2016. Tickets for the game can be purchased by students during lunch for 5$ or purchased here.

BOB WHO? BOB JONES! BOB WHO? BOB JONES! BE THERE THIS FRIDAY AND WEAR RED TO THE GAME TO SHOW YOUR SPIRIT!