College and Career Fairs: Why You Should Attend

Elizabeth Riley, Contributor

This year’s college and career fair had representatives from many different colleges. There were 48 different colleges that came to Bob Jones. At this event, you could walk around and talk to different people representing the colleges and learn a little bit about the school to see if you would be interested in going there in the future. This is a great way to visit colleges without having to drive hours away to check it out.

Many people found it helpful that the colleges visited them instead of them visiting the colleges. Some of the students that attended the fair were interested in the University of Alabama. Aimee Choup said, “Yes, they manage to have a pretty cool selection every year. The number of in-state schools is reasonable and also practical, as they’re a much more accessible option to students.” Kaitlyn Hathaway said, “Yes. Not everyone has the time and money to visit all the campuses that they are interested in.” 

If you’re having trouble deciding what you want to do with your future, you might consider going to this fair next time and see if any colleges interest you. They also have some trade schools and military representatives because college isn’t for everyone and it will give students some more options. If you’ve never been, you should check it out next time we have a college and career fair.