BJ Bball Lady Pats Elite 8

Jordin Dunning, Contributor

This year the Bob Jones Lady Patriots managed to stay undefeated in the area. Recently, our girls basketball team played at Wallace State Community College. While at Wallace, they played against Oak Mountain and won 46-25. They also played against Hoover, but sadly they lost 45-30. 

Although they lost, they still played hard and had a great season. Their overall record for this past season was 28-4.

This years seniors were #2 Emariah Grant, #14 Adeline Barnes, #15 Danielle Cupero, and #25 Aniyah Grant. Playing alongside them were sophomores #1 Janiyah Bone, #4 Aarkeria Smith- Morris, #12 Zamyra Goode, #20 Jordyn Fields, and #22 Alana Obianozie and freshman #32 Aaliyah Troupe. 

When asked her opinion on how she felt about this year’s BJHS girls basketball team, Aaliyah Troupe said, “Great, one of the best teams I’ve ever played with. I look at the team as a family they can get whatever from me.” At the end of the season both Janiyah Bone and Emariah Grant were both selected to play on the 7A Northwest Regional All-Tournament team. Due to the season being over I’ve asked Alana Obianozie what she planned to do for the rest of the year until next season and her response was “Train, play AAU, and to get better mentally and physically to prepare for the next season.”

BJ Basketball fan Kahri Odum feels that the girls wouldn’t have made it without Coach Jazmine Powers. “She’s one of the best basketball coaches I’ve ever seen.”

Since it is time for the seniors to say goodbye to their high school friends, coaches, principals, and teachers, I  wish them good luck for this new chapter of life that they are about to go into and may they have the best time in college, and for the upcoming classes, may they play their best and help us make it to Wallace in the future.