Back-To-School Advice

Back-To-School+Advice

Love Lundy, Writer

School is starting on August 7th, 2019. With summer wrapping up, it can be hard to get into the mindset needed to handle a school year again. Here are some tips to get you through the year!

This is a new beginning!

Don’t let last year’s drama, grades, or experiences affect the way that you approach this new year. This is a new school year, which means that you have a clean slate to start fresh.

Read a book of your choice.

Sometimes, it can be hard to understand why people love learning or school. Take the free time that you have during the final days of your summer to pick up a book that you genuinely want to read from the local library.

Walk on the right side of the hallway.

There are upwards of 1500 kids at Bob Jones High School. The best way for everyone to get to class in the five minutes we have is for everyone to keep to the right and to keep walking. If you are going to stop, be considerate, and move to a place that does not stop traffic in the hallway.

Go to a game or see a play/concert.

Supporting your fellow patriots is a great way to actually enjoy your high school experience. This doesn’t just mean football games, let alone just the JC game. Make it a goal to go to one sporting even for each sport and to see at least one play and concert. You might find a new friend or passion.

Host a Patriot Path.

Have something you’re passionate about? Host a Patriot Path! It’s a great way to meet new people and to share your common interest with a lot of people.

Take care of your mental health.

It’s easy to get lost in the importance of grades and your future, but you must remember to take care of your mental health. Take advantage of the counselors here at school, give yourself time to breath, and get outside! Here’s an article on more tips to handle stress during school.

You are going to have a great school year. Remember that it’s just high school, and life goes on!