BJHS Mourns Loss of Tyrone Pointer

Tyrone Pointer, picture courtesy of Madison City Schools

C. Audrey Harper, Writer

Bob Jones student Tyrone Pointer died in a motorcycle collision on Wall Triana Highway on Thursday night at 9:45 pm. Tyrone worked at Jack’s and was a member of the track team. He was well beloved by his teammates and Coach Brad Jefferson.

Jefferson told WAFF, “You can’t replace a kid like Tyrone. When you have a kid that’s come every single day, willing to work, ready to give everything he’s got.”

On Tuesday, May 23rd from 4-6 pm, there will be a visitation for Tyrone at Berry Hill Funeral Home. Friends and family are invited to attend.

Robby Parker, Madison City Schools Superintendent, stated, “Anytime we lose one of our students, it hurts our hearts and we hurt for the family.”

Belinda Martin is planning on giving Tyrone’s family a memory book at the service. Students and teachers are welcome to come and leave a message in the book in Martin’s room (N237) on Tuesday.

“My little brother Tyrone was such an amazing person. He left this world with such an impact on so many people,” Jada Washington, Pointer’s sister and Bob Jones student, said. “He brought joy to my family, and we will miss him very, very much.”

Tyrone is survived by his parents and siblings. Donations will be collected by Coach Jefferson for his family on Tuesday, May 23rd.