Follow @BJSection!

Follow @BJSection!

Avonya Divinity, Writer

Bob Jones High School is moving its student section for football games so that the students can be closer to the action. The Bob Jones student section is a lively  place to be during the football games.

“We’ll be a lot louder; also, we’ll be closer to the band. Everyone will be more involved in the game,” said McKenna Ray, a senior.

The people that get the crowd going are the Chest Painters. They are like a spirit team at Bob Jones High School.  The Chest Painters literally paint their chests to spell out different words.

Coach Travers, sponsor of the Chest Painters, said, “ They get the games crunk and help everyone be excited during the games. I think it’s important because the athletes feel the love and support of their fellow students. It definitely can add an atmosphere of camaraderie and pride for our school.”

“Students who are painted up usually realize that they are being watched by many of their fellow students, so they want to set a good example,” explained Travers. “It makes them feel that they have a big part in the crowd’s excitement.”

Travers said that with the student section being moved closer to the action, the players could feed off of the students’ energy.

The Chest Painters is open to all grade levels and to both boys and girls, and they usually meet in the grassy area outside of the gate. Should students like to join the Chest Painters, they need only reach Coach Travers at [email protected].

Students can find out more about the games, tailgating, and game themes by following  @BJSection on Twitter.