Here We Go Again

Sada Forrest, Writer

Here we go again. After Spring Break, the North Hall will be open. No longer will the children of the North and East parking lot have to go out of their way to make it to school on time. Band kids will once again be covered from the hash elements of Alabama weather, since they don’t have to go out the door normally used as a docking station to load heavy equipment into the back of the trucks.
But their fortune is at the cost of all who parks in the south lot. Right after Spring Break, the South and B wing will be closed, and only a small flow of traffic will be allowed.There will be a temporary wall set up in order to keep students safe and away from entering the construction zone. Marcus Hampton, a senior who uses the south entrance, says that “There is to much construction. They don’t know the fact ain’t nobody got time for that.”

Teachers who previously were relocated due to their rooms being renovated will return. Current rooms scheduled to be worked on during and after Spring Break will force teachers such as Mr. Travers to start packing up his things. “I’ll be taking some things from home and sending the rest home and out to the pods, (a temporary storage unit for this occasion).” All the things he can’t move such as large cabinets will be covered. Meanwhile, he will become what is known as a “floater.” He will have to move in between three different available classrooms. Using a cart on wheels, he will transport the things he needs.

There are multiple views on the subject both positive and negative, but Mr. Parker shares a realistic point over the intercom, “We can be a growing school or a dying school.”