Teacher Appreciation Week

Teacher Appreciation Week

Emma Leigh Wright, Writer

We all have teachers in our lives, whether they’re our school teachers, mentors, or even our own parents. This week is Teacher Appreciation Week.

Here at Bob Jones, the school celebrated teachers in different ways during this special week. Teachers were spoiled with breakfast, snacks, lunch, and even cake. The Bob Jones SGA served the teachers breakfast for all of the teachers. The Bob Jones PTSA also gifted teachers with popcorn, a chocolate bar, and some starburst. The science department even had an awesome grilled hot dog buffet. Teachers will enjoy a final lunch with the culinary department today.

Could the student body have done more to celebrate our teachers? There were pieces of paper placed all around the Commons area with teachers’ names on them for students to leave a note, but not many of them were written on as of Friday morning. A poll revealed that students knew about the papers, but most didn’t write on them.

Teachers who received gifts directly students seemed especially appreciative. Mrs. Poarch received several nice little gifts and said on her tweet: “Feeling the love today thanks to some thoughtful students, past and present, reminding me that it’s all worth it! Thank you for the cards, drawings, and poem!”

Teacher Appreciation Week or not, we should respect our teachers all the time, no matter the holiday or awareness week. You never know how much better you’ll make a teacher’s day by just giving them respect and saying thank you.