Superheroes’ Super Cereals

Kim Nguyen, Writer

General Mills recently released the official Batman versus Superman-themed cereals for the Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie. It seems that studios will do anything to get fans interested in their movies.

The movie comes out on March 25, 2016 and already has people talking. “I love DC Comics and when I heard that there was a new movie coming out, I got super excited!” Amarri Cole, sophomore at Bob Jones High School, voiced. It won’t be long before Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice becomes the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics and producer of the DC Extended Universe, tweeted out a picture of his comic-al package that came with the two cereals, a cereal bowl, a spoon, and a Batman mask. The tweet also disclosed the new cereal flavors to the public. Batman’s cereal will have Bat Symbol and chocolate strawberry flavored pieces, while Superman’s cereal will have the “S” shield and “caramel crunch” flavored pieces.

Inside the box is the following special message for the fans:

Hey, Batman and Superman fans!

General Mills is sending you an exclusive first taste of both of our new superhero cereals. Whether you are a fan of The Dark Knight or the Man of Steel, we know you’ll love both these cereals. So eat up and show your superhero allegiance — to Batman or Superman or both — on Instagram, twitter and Facebook using #batmancereal or #supermancereal — or if you like, both: #superheroescereal. Now, gear up and save the day, one bowl of cereal at a time!

— A fellow Batman V. Superman fan

Several Bob Jones freshmen shared input on their cereal favorites. “I like Superman more than Batman as a superhero, but when it came to the flavors, chocolate and strawberries are my favorites. So, I would buy Batman’s cereal,” Leila Nazario stated.

“I like the chocolate strawberry flavor, and when I found out that it was Batman’s cereal, it made me want the cereal even more,” Liam Dean spilled.

“I chose chocolate strawberry because of the flavor, but I wouldn’t spend money on cereal that I don’t like, even if I think Superman is better,” Mishka Blackmon confessed.

Anything to hype a movie, right?