Wonder-ful

Sarah Beth Besherse, Writer

The movie Wonder , based off the novel Wonder and New York Times bestseller, is a heartwarming story of Auggie Pullman played by Jacob Tremblay. This book and movie will soon become one of the best classics of this time. This movie is funny, family friendly, informative, and a tear jerker. 10 year old Auggie is sent to middle school by his parents played by Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson. He has to adjust to a new environment where not everyone is nice to him. He hides behind his astronaut helmet to shield his face. Of course he can’t wear it to school so he has nothing to hide behind and has to show everyone his face. He shows everyone in his class how smart he is during science, his favorite subject. But the class bully uses everything Auggie likes to his advantage to make fun of him. He does gain friends who help defend him in times of need and they go on several adventures together. This movie depicts how people react to being uncomfortable, a major lesson to everyone

This movie shows kids many different lessons, the major one being it’s what is on the inside that counts. Others include the true meaning of friendship, real friends stick up for each other, never give up, have big dreams, and forgiveness, that even adults need reminding of. The movie does show the drinking of alcohol and does have a few violent scenes. There are no curse words just hurtful names that are thrown around.The teen sister does kiss her boyfriend, but it shows nothing inappropriate. So, I recommend kids 9 and up to watch this movie because there are certain parts smaller children might not understand.

When I first saw this trailer I expected it to be a sob fest, but there is humor that helps make the mood not so upsetting and fun scenes where we get to experience Auggie’s personality. Also, the movie shows the perseverance of Auggie from the very beginning when he tell of his surgeries that have helped him survive. I would recommend this movie to any and everyone. It is such a great movie that really opens your eyes to the world around you. It shows what is easy to lose sight of and shows what is really important.  For these reasons I give this amazing movie a 5 out of 5 stars. “You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.”

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

Cook-Out: Worth The Drive?

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

Fire and Fury: Reactions to a Bombshell Book

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

The Death and Rebirth of Vine

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

Swiss Army Man

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

From Coco to Bambi: Heavy Topics in Animation

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

Stranger Things Review

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

Movie Review: My Little Pony (2017)

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

What happened to Disney Channel?!?

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

Nanowrimo: A Month of Novel Writing

• Wonder-ful

Arts & Entertainment

IT’S RIVERDALE!

Wonder-ful