Air Force Band Performance

Kendall Lamb, Writer

Did you know that each military branch has a band? The Air ForceArmyCoast Guard, Marines, and Navy. One of the Air Force Bands came to Bob Jones High School for fun and entertainment, but as Mrs. Thomas pointed out, “It’s more of a rock band.” Band members of BJHS, JROTC, and other students chose to attend the performance during Patriot Path. One freshman commented, “My favorite part about the band—how energetic they are. They seemed very excited.” He also mentioned that this performance was the highlight of his day.

Mr. Raper, an AP physics teacher, said, “My favorite part about the band was the drummer; he did a really good job! He can sing, and he can play so I really enjoyed that.” 

Whenever the singer would raise her hands and wave it in a motion, the crowd would start to pick up and follow her moves. She seemed like she was really motivating the students, she made all the students happy in a way to where they would also stand up and either clap along, wave flashlights, and or wave along with their hands.

Toward the end of the performance, the band played songs that were really popular during their time. Imagine Dragons “Believer” and “Anyway you want it” by Journey were really popular. When they played the intro of the songs, everyone immediately recognized it and screamed and some started to sing along. In the end, they posed for photos with students, and on the whole, it was a fun Patriot Path.