Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Having trouble finding a good book? Look no more!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Kylah Nelson, Writer

Are you having trouble finding a good book to read? Here’s a list of 10 amazing library books available now. The books below come from the genres fantasy, realistic fiction, science fiction, autobiography and more!

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky- A socially awkward teenager named Charlie is an outcast until he meets two new friends who are very charismatic. They help Charlie follow his dreams, pursue friendship, and help him fall in love. He learns the perks of being himself.
  2. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult- A girl named Anna figures out she was supposed to donate her kidney to her sister that is dying of leukemia. She becomes angry and sues her parents for hiding this information from her, and applies for medical emancipation. Through all of this, Anna’s older brother feels ignored and is always acting out. Finally caught by the police, he finally admits why he has been acting out when he is told he must attend juvenile court. This story is about a family torn apart by the pain cancer and lying can cause.
  3. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood- Offred is a Handmaid in the Republic of Gilead. As the U.S has become a theocracy, she and other women are forced to conceive children for infertile couples since the reproduction rate has become surprisingly low.
  4. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline- Wade Watts must go on finding the Easter eggs hidden in OASIS, created by James, who is…let’s just say crazy. Immersed in the virtual world, Wade must go on the journey to find three keys that will unlock the three gates he must open to find the easter eggs.
  5. Hole in my Life by Jack Gantos- This is a biography about Jack Gantos’ life. His parents never cared, and he began to always get in trouble. He struggled to find his own way through life, but he managed to overcome the odds and became the best person he can be.
  6. All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry- This tells the story of a girl named Judith who vanishes from her small home in a colonial land. Her best friend Lottie was taken and then found dead, but Lottie returns….with no tongue? This is a journey of mystery, surprise, and a touch of gore.
  7. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson- When Cassie’s best friend dies, she feels it is her fault for not picking up the phone. This leads her on a self-destructive path and depressive path, but she has to learn to overcome the darkness and step into the light.
  8. Invictus by Ryan Gardenia- This is an autobiography about Nelson Mandela’s life events after he spent all those years in jail. All he did, experienced, and accomplished is wrapped up into one great book.
  9. One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus- What happens when five teenagers walk into detention but only four come out alive? Everyone in the school is a suspect. This is a story that will take you on the whodunit mystery.
  10. Looking for Alaska by John Green- After meeting Alaska, Miles becomes enamored. Her life seems perfect, she seems perfect, but nothing is ever as perfect as it seems…..

This list should lift the annoyance of not being able to find a good book right off your back!

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

4 Fun Crafts to Make This Easter

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

Roll Initiative: A Dungeons and Dragons Podcast

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

Shazam! A Mind-Blowing Movie

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

Fandango Fiasco for Endgame

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

PatPod: Remakes in the Film Industry

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

Catch Me If You Can: In Review

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

Us: Good, But Not Great

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

Cool Math Games Just Got Cooler

• Top Books to Checkout at BJHS

Arts & Entertainment

We’re in the Endgame Now…

• Arts & Entertainment

Let’s Laugh Day – March 19

Top Books to Checkout at BJHS