Krispy Kreme Delivery: Huntsville, but not Madison

Reagan Drake, Writer

Doughnuts? Donuts? No matter how it’s spelled, we can agree they’re delicious either way! The recognizable “dough with a hole” has been around since 1847 when Hansen Gregory came up with the idea to poke holes through the center of balls of cake. This idea appeared after consumers discovered raw areas in the middle of the dough rolls. So instead of trying to cook the center, why not just take the whole section out? And that’s exactly what he did. 

Since this invention, donuts have become incredibly popular. There are many places that sell thousands of donuts each day throughout the whole world. A popular chain, found in about 37 states across the nation, is Krispy Kreme. Krispy Kreme and their “Original Glazed Doughnuts” have been around since 1937 when Vernon Rudolph won the secret yeast-raised doughnut recipe from a French Chef in New Orleans. 

Now, years later, Krispy Kreme is finally delivering, though they’re not delivering to Madison yet. They announced they are starting a new home delivery service to fifteen states. Right now, Huntsville residents can order dozens, Brew Boxes, and bottled drinks starting at $5.00. By the end of 2019, Krispy Kreme hopes that online ordering is fully attainable in all of their locations. 

After a poll was taken by 40 high school students, 52.5 percent of the students said that if Krispy Kreme delivered to Madison, it’ll change how often they order from there. Krispy Kreme needs to expand their delivery service to the Madison area so that Bob Jones students can enjoy Hot Now doughnuts from the comfort of their homes.

Or maybe Dunkin’ or one of the locally-owned donut shops can fill the void?